Hi,

I was hacking libdisk/proto.c to accept quoted strings, when I
noticed that mkfs is not using libdisk.h. The problem modifying
mkfs.c is that the code taking care of kfs obliges me to keep
functions duplicated on proto.c. The easiest solution is to remove
kfs support and just extract protoenum() from copyfile(). Other
approach is to make these functions needed by the kfs code available
at disk.h, another one is to keep mkfs.c as it is for compatibility
and clone another program, mktree without mkfs support and using
disk.h.

I'd like to be as compatible with the labs|9legacy distribution as
possible, without breaking things other people can be using.

Some thoughts from users?

adr.