On 7/19/21, Steve Simon <st...@quintile.net> wrote:

> my cpu for windows was always incomplete, but good enough that i never
> finished it properly.

It's on contrib, is it not? I'll take a peek, if my haphazard priority
list allows it :-)

> for posix i just use sftpfs or now cinap’s sshftp to import the filesystem
> from the posix box as /n/fred and run sam locally (i am a samista rather
> than an acmeite)

I am aware. Acme is addictive, warts and all.

> i cannot run stuff remotely but i can edit in a nice environment. is this
> not enough?

Well, what I have taken to do is to run acme on the remote Posix
server (no Windows, I am no masochist, and I can't waste time on the
Apple bandwagon) across X forwarding, which is quite a bit on the good
side of tolerable. And win is OK for quite a bit of remote command
line interaction. I don't think it would pay to build ncurses into
that :-).

But from my Plan 9 workstation that is absurdly not possible. Or, I
have missed a step and I need somebody to rattle me some: what would
it take to serve 9P on Posix (in P9P, in other words) over the
network? Fontsrv and gitsrv would be immediate beneficiaries.

Lucio.