Not really. Making pi boot from USB by default (and fallback to SD) is
well described in the numerous Linux-related guides. Installing 9front
on a USB device using its installer is a bit more tricky, iirc. I did
it manually, reading through install scripts and repeating the
commands with small adjustments. I don't remember exactly what I
changed, I should have written a guide or something.