On Tue, Jan 18, 2022 at 12:31 AM Matt <matthpmore...@gmail.com> wrote:

> But that's why 9front was forked, right? They say it on their FAQ. Even
> though Plan 9 isn't being developed anymore, doesn't the fork cause worry
> that one day they become too different, especially since the community is
> rather centered around Plan 9 rather than 9front? Or is the community
> actively trying to make 9front be accepted as the official continuation of
> Plan 9?

I'm afraid you got it wrong. Community is mostly centered around
9front. One of the reasons is that it actually works and is still
being developed and used by many. Plan 9 is dead, 9front lives on.
There is also software developed outside of 9front git repo, by people
who use 9front: http://only9fans.com
Whether some "secret community" decides to "accept" (or not) 9front as
"official" doesn't matter.