revcomni...@gmail.com wrote:

> Many thanks. I will apply your solutions and revert back. It just seems a
> little counter intuitive not to be able to show the line numbers as ed
> does,especially if one is viewing a large body of text.

You can also try:

        unix: ,>nl
        plan9: ,x {
        } (or write your own nl)

That might do it for larger bodies. Although you have to prepare a
more dedicated script for a clean nl approach.

I like that sam doesn't offer that feature (especially because it
doesn't really need it). It makes you think more about your environment
scripts and how to use/prepare the utilities inside the sam env.

I'm always trying to prepare some sam specific shell/rc scripts and
get my 'missing' features that way. I would appreciate a more clean
nl solution if anyone got something to offer.