> Other programs expect the devices mounted in
> /net. I'm binding the device inside a directory in /tmp and then
> binding this directory to /net. I would appreciate if someone shares
> the correct way of doing this.

Two ideas come to mind:

% mount -a /srv/usb /net
  (then all usb devices appear in /net as well as /dev)
% aux/stub -d /net/etherU0 && bind /dev/etherU0 /net/etherU0
  (for a single alias without extra clutter)

But I think anything expecting a device in /net can be given an explicit
alternative, eg

% ip/ipconfig ether /dev/etherU0 [...params]

Are there exceptions I'm missing?

Note that we can even boot with a fileserver connection via usb ether
by passing extra ipconfig args in cmdline.txt eg
  bootargs='tcp ether /dev/etherU0'
(same thing with plan9.ini on other platforms, without the quotes)