02.08.2022 05:38:39 Lucio De Re <lucio.d...@gmail.com>:
Perhaps it's a delusion, but I keep hoping to find a way to wean a
young community (black secondary education learners with much time on
their hands and very little beyond their smartphones to entertain
them) away from Tik-Tok, possibly also Whatsapp.

SDF bootcamp seems at least a seed for something at least some of
these teenagers may find instructive and a little mind expanding.

That's one of the reasons I built the open system eu.9p.zone. the idea was that we can build many (fileserver) systems around the world (hence the "eu" in the domain) with cpu servers people can join and learn how it is to be on a shared 9 system.

PS: We're too deep in the Global South to afford fancy equipment, even
used laptops are too expensive to ship to South Africa - never mind
the cost of laptop batteries. Maybe we can recycle the odd rPi, but
there the cost and transportation problem shifts to the display.

I am willing to listen to suggestions.

Eu.9p.zone currently runs on a VPS network and consists of 2 machines (one fs+cpu and one cpu-only). The auth server is one public auth server at 9p.zone (with some self-signup scripts I still need to improve).

The purpose of the auth server is that devs and community can provide many EXTRA services as they like and users in that authdom can just use them (provided they get access via permissions). In my case, after account creation at the 9p.zone auth users need to request access to the fs.eu.9p.zone (again, via script).

It's probably quite similar to the bootcamp, but it's more about general use and working on projects together than just learning, so it's also good for long term projects. However, I don't know if people work on projects there.

sirjofri