don.bai...@gmail.com:
> Hmm, I've applied the patches and built the kernel. I can see the image
> loaded at 0x80010000, but it is spinning at address 0xffff000c; is this a
> sdmmc load loop?

I think that's a trap address. On ARM we re-map the trap vectors away from
address 0 to a high segment.

> I'm using version 8.0.0 of QEMU. What version are you using, Mr. Miller?

Mine is 7.2.4 (just installed it on Debian 12).

> Also, since the SD takes seconds to load and not ms/us, how long are you
> waiting until you see something printed on the console...?

After the 'Multiblock = 0' patch is applied, SD card transfers take about
2 milliseconds on my elderly thinkpad.

> Curious if I'm
> just running very slow, or if there is still something buggy going on...

The trap is a bug which I'm not seeing. Do you get any console messages first?

> Thanks for responding and adding some patches. I am trying to follow along
> to make it work, if you don't mind a bit of back and forth :-)

Maybe do the back & forth off list, unless anyone else is interested?

-- Richard