I forgot mention that
  echo Kill > /proc/pid/note

does not help. I will have to set up a time for
reboot of cpu-server.

-ishwar

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005, ISHWAR RATTAN wrote:

I have only two boxen:
 - auth-server
 - cpu-server

and drawterm is used to login into cpu-server

-ishwar

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005, Fco. J. Ballesteros wrote:

We forbid them to cpu into a cpu server.
They run their own diskless terminals, which they reboot
when they are done.  You might do the same.

:  Students leave around running processes on the
:  system. Is there a way to kill these?
:    echo kill > /proc/868/note
:  says permission denied (which makes sense as
:  I am trying to kill them logged as bootes).