> You can do that with plan9.ini: set up two different
> [whatever] sections with root= and cfs= lines.
> It's only when you're typing the root at root is from:
> that you get in trouble, because there is no cache is from:
> prompt.

In other words, Sape's complaints is more highlighting a surmountable
drawback than really suggesting that cacheing isn't usable.  He gave
the impression that he'd stopped useing cacheing because of this.

I guess in a high-bandwidth environment the additional administration
required wouldn't be justified, but as bandwidth becomes more scarce,
cacheing increases in value.

++L