Richard Miller wrote:
Fans of the (tiny, quiet, low-powered) VIA EPIA mini-itx motherboards
may be interested to know that the new VT-310DP with 2 x 1Ghz Eden-N
processors works very well with Plan 9.

Selected boot messages:

Plan 9
cpu0: 998MHz CentaurHauls unknown (cpuid: AX 0x069A DX 0x381BA3F)
ELCR: 0E20
LAPIC: fee00000 e0000000
cpu1: 997MHz CentaurHauls unknown (cpuid: AX 0x069A DX 0x381BA3F)
mtrrfix1: i9: 404040404040404 0
mtrrfix1: i10: 404040404040400 0

"fixed" as in fixed-address-space-size MTRRs, not as in "they used to be broken" -- these look right to me IIRC.

mtrrvar1: i6: 1BE00000 0
mtrrvar1: i7: FFFE00800 0

var -- as in "variable sized address space" MTRRs.

These are familiar values, to me as well. I have not looked them up, but they sure sound like values I am used to. I don't think you need to worry.

ron