[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
From: Ronald G Minnich rminnich@lanl.gov <mailto:rminnich@lanl.gov>
 >Dan Cross wrote:
 >>  But, more to the point, snappy
 >> one-liners like the above just smack of elitism and don't convey any
 >> real information.  Just because it's not the fashionable way to do
 >> something in the Plan 9 world doesn't mean it may not be necessary due
 >> to circumstances beyond an individual's control.
 >
 >yes, it's a plan 9 problem. "We don't have it, so it must not be good".
 >Sometimes, it's true; not having a lot of stupid things is a plus on
 >Plan 9. Other times, however, we don't have things that we ought.
 >
 >Subversion is very nice. You don't really need apache, andrey has set up
 >svn on xcpu.org without apache.
 >
>i have no idea of how much work it is to port, except ... it's c++, I think.

 >mercurial might be easier. don't know.

In linux I use darcs it's written in haskell. I tried once or twice to look into ghc source and try to get it running under plan9 so I can run darcs but failed.
I dont have much experience with haskell except for darcs.
Maybe someone with more knowledge with haskell can take a look.

There's an old port of hugs at
http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~mirtchov/p9/hugs/
It might do, or not.
At any rate, hugs looks a bit friendlier to port than ghc.