> In general, I believe we don't have drivers for RAID cards.  They
> often turn out to not actually do RAID in hardware (Promise is famous
> for this).  I think 3ware is an exception and their cards actually do
> RAID in hardware.

DAC960 is a SCSI disk-only RAID controller, with special protocol for
attaching scsi tape drives... it does everything in hw (just like DPT
SmartCache/SmartRAID - I have a SmartCache IV, and it contains a 68k
processor - different model for different cards, from 680ECxxx on
cheapest, to full 68060 on best SmartRAID IV :-) )

--
Paweł Lasek