On 3/27/06, Russ Cox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Is there some chance there is a pbs vs. pbslba issue?
>
> Possibly, but it's unlikely.  The install script
> switches to pbslba if 9fat ends more than 1G
> into the disk, and his is 40G into the disk.
>
> That's one thing to try though: boot from the CD,
> draw a window, and run
>         disk/format -b /386/pbslba /dev/sdC1/9fat
>
> I just changed pbs and pbslba to print PBS1... and PBS2...
> so that we won't have to wonder about this in the future.

thanks for the tip, I'll try that and keep you posted.
but...
little problem there...
I just remembered, I tried to use the LiveCD mode, but my mouse wasn't
properly detected. Which is kind of strange as it is correctly
detected when I do a standard installation.
So it might be harder to draw a window ...
Any shortcut for that ?
(yeah, by total newbie on Plan 9, I meant really total newbie :-) )

I'll have a look anyway.

thanks

--
Laurent Malvert [EMAIL PROTECTED]