On 9/19/06, Joel Salomon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 9/19/06, John Floren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Wait, so you want a Plan 9 account so you can transfer your files
> there and then email them elsewhere?

Or so I can cpu into that macine and use Acme mail from my machine directly.

How would that work?  I'd need an auth account somewhere, and then an
email acount or a cpu account or what?

> Try 9grid.de. I have a machine up, but my school won't let me send email
either.
> Now, there's an http server running on it, but I don't have it completely
configured yet.

I take it that 9grid.de is your system?  I'm trying to connect to it
via a web browser but I'm not seeing much; the home page won't load
past the heading that reads "9grid.de".

--Joel

I should also note that, if you can connect to your Plan 9 box via
drawterm, it should mount the root directory of the machine you're
using under /mnt/term. You can then do "cp /usr/joel/myfile
/mnt/term/home/joel" or whatever.

John
--
"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers" -- Shakespeare, Henry VI