On Wed, Nov 15, 2006 at 12:13:08AM -0500, Russ Cox wrote:
> If you want to do everything with the keyboard,
> you know where to find Emacs.
For plan9/Inferno? No. Must have missed that.

I'm also somewhat convinced that holding down anything
is annoying, stressing and possibly damaging. I especially
hate waiting for chords and menus to work over a very high
latency drawterm connection. Sending something and waiting
for it to complete (keypress, click) is easier.

I have used vi/ed over quite massive lags. It's only annoying
if your mental model gets out of synch with the receiver :)

> Also IBM makes external mouse/keyboards with the
> 3-button thinkpad trackpoints on them.

That might be nice.

--
Comparing apples with oranges is perfectly reasonable when you've
decided to replace your apples with oranges.