> > Is there a reason that acme doesn't include
> > a News pane when executing Dump?
>
> Probably News doesn't write an appropriate dump
> command to the acme ctl file.

How can I fake it?

% cat acme.dump
/usr/chesky
/lib/font/bit/lucidasans/unicode.7.font
/lib/font/bit/lucm/unicode.9.font
          0          33
f          0           1          80          80           1
          1          34          80           1           1 /usr/chesky/ Del
Snarf Get | Look
e          1           0           0           0           1
          2          49           5           0           1 /usr/chesky/-hymie
Del Snarf | Look Send Noscroll
/usr/chesky
win
e          1           0           0           0           5
          3          49           0           0           0 /mail/fs/mbox/ Del
Snarf | Look Put Mail Delmesg
/acme/mail
Mail -o /mail/box/chesky/outgoing mbox
f          1          16         676         676          30
         16          39         839           0           0
/usr/chesky/acme.dump Del Snarf | Look
%

I’m guessing I need to replace the last two lines with something like:
        e          x          x          x          x          x
                  4          57          0          0          0
/mnt/news/digitalmars/D/ Del Snarf | Look Newpost More
        /acme/news
        News digitalmars.D
—but what are the ‘x’ values?  Looking through acme(4), I made a stab
at guessing the second line (window ID, the number or characters in
the tag as returned by wc, no chars in body (the way Mail reports it),
not a directory, and not modified), but what about the line starting
with ‘e’?  Win uses “e 1 0 0 0 1”, Mail uses “e 1 0 0 0 5”; what are
these numbers and where are they documented?

Thanks,
--Joel