> Please google lguest
> and see what you think. It's 5K lines of code, the guest support code
> is trivial, and I think overall this is going to be the easiest thing
> to do.

I've just had a quick browse through (the patch is actually 8977 lines,
but maybe the 5k doesn't include comments).  My first impression is
"that's more like it".  Way simpler.

But:

- Does some of the simplicity come from being linux-specific?  Comments
say "guest and host run the same kernel".  Or is it generic enough to
work with Plan 9 too?

- My interest in Xen is pragmatic: there are plenty of hosting companies
offering "virtual servers" based on Xen, and some at least are happy
to let you run a Plan 9 guest kernel.  (In particular I can recommend
http://www.blackcatnetworks.co.uk from personal experience.)  How long
before lguest reaches that level of maturity?  Sadly, simplicity in
itself is not much of a marketing advantage in the real world.

-- Richard