On 10/8/07, Eric Van Hensbergen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 10/8/07, Charles Forsyth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > >That being said however, any advantages we can get on the relatively
> > >slow hardware should benefit the efficiency (if not the latency and
> performance) of the faster
> >
> > i think there's quite a bit of scope for performance improvements
> without doing violence
> > to the overall structure or messing up the implementation.  i hope some
> things end up
> > being smaller and cleaner.
> >

> Agreed.  Performance does not necessarily equal complexity.  Neither
> does allowing specialization -- I think specialization enables
> simplification and clarity in many situations.
>
>        -eric

Looks like at&t's new tilt is running L4/Linux :-)

Based on a qualcomm chipset I'd bet it's either Iguana based or something
else.

Buddy of mine posted this:

http://paste.lisp.org/display/48981

Not so strangely, it's using the version of gcc I had to use to build
pistachio on the G5 that Ron couldn't get going with whatever was on his Red
Hat system :-)

Dave