I don't understand, wouldn't 600 permission make it impossible to read to
anyone but the user himself? what is the issue then, if noone can read it, vac
can't read it either, or am I missing something?
John
--- Begin Message ---
On Nov 17, 2007 10:00 PM, erik quanstrom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> after a fossil dump, the skinny on the arena offsets and the score
> of the superblock (or whatever fossil calls it) could be relayed
> to the mirror site [...]

you'd have to make sure if you did that that people putting stuff in
contrib were aware
that setting a file's permissions to 600 would have no effect on anyone's
ability to read it. i realise that it is called "contrib" but it does *look*
as if file permissions should work.

i've always wondered if there might be some way of changing venti
to make it more secure for multi-user access, so accidentally sharing
a root score
isn't quite such a terrible thing.

--- End Message ---