I tried vmware fusion at home some weeks ago.

I think I succeeded to install plan 9 in it (tryout demo version).
and boot it as well.
What I recall is that the graphics were not redrawn properly,
i.e. correct graphics, but not all of it visible.
Due to this graphics problem I kind of lost interest.

I recall also trying the 1.1beta (or whatever number it had)
but it did not solve the graphics problem.

this was on intel dual core, mac os x 10.4.10.

I'm now at the office so cannot check what I actually accomplished.

Axel.