beginners question:

Internally in the kernel it matches full QIDs dosn't it?

That is it doesn't compare only the qid.path, so in my
syntetic file server I can differentiate between files
by using a unique-to-me qid.type and then using qid.path
to hold the index of my files in a table?

Seccondly, if I am going to use other bits from qid.type
is there any reccomded practice as to which ones to use
(I assume the lower ones as the upper ones are defined),
however I do rembember somthing about an agregating server
shifting the bits of clients down so they can be combined
uniquely....

Thanks,

-Steve