I found the paper (USENIX CS spring 1990), maybe it's on the web.
His Imperial Concert is 9'6" which would tax my living space.
Anyway what would I do with my current piano?

The Bösendorfer controller used a Z80 so I'm sure "9P for the Big B"
would be a fun, if expensive, Gsoc project.

Anyhow - it looks to be an elaborate hoax on the Parisian end.
Yes, I did go to that store and played around. And Boyd was the only
one who knew. But no way did I give out personal details. Then again
some of my friends are very creative pranksters.

I guess I could sell it for profit if it does arrive.  They be rare downunder.
Awaiting another call.  Missed today's ... cricket.

brucee