Pietro Gagliardi wrote:

I think I know what the problem is: the problem is with mv. Apparently, autotools (the program suite that generates configure files) seems to be fixed on the fact that mv has an -f option that works just like rm -f. However, Plan 9 mv doesn't, so mv thinks -f is a file and will try to make the output a directory. That's bad. Anyways, I modified configure and move-if-something (used by some configure files) to remove -f. I'll add -f to Plan 9 mv as a no-op later.

why not just make a wrapper script that you bind to /bin and that calls /$objtype/bin/mv without -f parameter?

cinap