On Feb 9, 2008 8:17 AM, Brantley Coile <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I would like to hear what Rob or others have to say about the
> assembler syntax, but I actually like the syntax for the following
> reason.

if you love assembly code, the assembler on Plan 9 is not great.

If you love assembly code, you are in need of a CAT scan in my view.

The v6 manual entry for as called assembly code "the ultimate dead
language". If only that had been true.

gcc and friends have made the world safe for assembly, and there is more
assembly in use than ever.

Writing assembly code should be as painful as possible. Plan 9
succeeds in that regard. It's a good thing in my view.

ron