The only advantage to getflags is that we can say

        rcsrcipt -xy

instead of

        rcscript -x -y

which is why I use it in my 12 script.

On Feb 11, 2008, at 6:03 PM, Martin Neubauer wrote:

* erik quanstrom ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
i would think that the reason to do this would be for consistency.  i
don't know that that's a compelling argument.  but i can see the
attraction of all or nothing; it would be nice if either none of the
scripts used getflags or all of them did.

- erik

That's actually quite compelling to me. I'd be just in favour of some kind of `lazy evaluation' (if some script needs to be changed, put in getflags; ditto for new ones.) And I admit that if one is really tght pressed on space (which might still happen nowadays, if not nearly as often than a couple of years ago) it won't really matter havin to put in some effort to customise what's in /bin/rc. I'm still amused by the argument that getflags is faster,
though.

        Martin