Hongzheng Wang wrote:

Hi John,

Many thanks.  Your tip, zeroing the partition mannually first, may
answer the strange thing I encountered during installation.  And, I
also prefer to native running Plan9.  But an installation without
workable ethernet is quite unacceptable.  So I might try the method
Eric recommended first.  Alternatively, I will try to config the
previously installed Plan9 to be a  CPU server.

is this nic integrated into the mainboard or can it be replaced (some sort
of mini pci slot)? maybe a pcmcia network card will do?

cinap