--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

From: erik quanstrom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] New user question
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 20:05:43 -0500

> Probably for the same reason I do when the occasion arises.
> It is conveniently a rescue environment too.
>
> On Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 4:53 PM, Pietro Gagliardi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Why are you running from a live CD?

i find it even more convienent to leave a small kfs around and leave
a non-default entry in plan9.ini which uses it as root.  then, should
the need arise, i can just enter the number of the resecue option on
boot.  looking for a cd is positively no fun when things are not working.

- erik

I have two CD's so if I ever need one
I can get twice as frustrated when they are both lost somewhere <G>

-. www.tuol.org .-