> http://www.totaltele.com/view.aspx?ID=451845&mail=165
>
> "We were told there was going to be a demonstration [of a call
> interception] in Berlin, but it didn't materialise. I think you need
> to look at the motivation behind claims like this - they're usually
> not altogether altruistic and we think they might have some commercial
> interests,"

Wait -- the GSMA warns us that we must not do a demonstration because
that would be illegal. And then the same person laughs at us for not
doing the demonstration. Sorry, GSMA, I have no clue what game you are
playing here.

To counter the second part of this statement, I can only repeat a
question that was asked when cancelling the demonstration
(http://events.ccc.de/congress/2009/wiki/The_demonstration_is_canceled
):

"Would it be fair to give [the network operators] a few extra weeks to
digest what should have been known years ago?"

I'm shocked that the GSMA's answer to this appears to be:
No, don't give them any time. The demo has to happen asap.