Another question is whether it is possible to convert an illegal state
that produces the correct keystream to a legal state
that produces the same keystream. When i generated some chains with
a simple increment function generating the start values i got 92% chain
merges in a 10M chains table which suggests that those states that
produce the same keystream are only a few bit flips apart.