Another 'quick and easy' question perhaps.

The SDCCH has a fixed bit & burst rate, but because L3 messages are
mostly processed in synchronous manner, there will be idle time when no
messages need be sent. The BST is supposed to work at a constant power
level, therefore these TDMA frames are filled with dummy bursts.

But what happens when ciphering is enabled ? Will the dummy bursts still
be all 0 bits, or will they be encrypted ? So far I have only had access
to L3 logs that shows there is a time gap between individual messages,
but do we know what those gaps contain ? I would imagine that signal
processing on the receiving side will be easiest if the dummy bursts are
also encrypted, otherwise handling error bits in a a received dummy
burst becomes rather complicated.