Memory ECC is only available in fermi based teslas (C2xxx).
ATI is not absent in the HPC space, we are a part of it.

Also i trust 2 consumer grade cards working on
the same result more than 1 tesla. (Given the fact that a tesla
would need and error rate which is the square of the consumer grade cards
error rate)
The money you save in the shop can then pay your energy bill, but maybe
not the manpower to adapt the software to simultaneous computation.