--------

|  Frank Nordberg wrote:
|  > In case somebody wonder why I've been so quiet recently:
|  >
|  > I've just finished the first half of my own private O'Neill project.
|  > The first 500 tunes from Francis O'Neill: "The Dance Music of
|  > Ireland" (known as "O'Neill's 1001") is now available as ABC at:
|  > http://www.musicaviva.com/abc/oneill-1001-1-500.abc
|
|  Dzjeez, what kind of a job do you have that leaves you with so much free
|  time? I can't even find the time to transcribe the odd one hundred tunes
|  I'd like to put on-line...

Meanwhile,  I  told  my  ABC  bot  about  Henrik's  .../abc/abcusers/
directory  and  about  the  above  URL,  and the number of ABC titles
listed for www.musicaviva.com nearly doubled.  The  reason  that  the
abcusers/  directory hadn't been scanned was that it was too far from
my starting URL.  I've found that it's a good idea to limit the depth
of  Web  searches  to 3 hops, to avoid trying to search the whole Web
for ABC. This isn't very productive; having other people spot new ABC
sites  and  tell  me  about  them  is  far  more  practical.  And the
oneill-1001-1-500.abc doesn't seem to be pointed to by an link, so it
would have never been found.

I've wondered about O'Neill's 1001 myself; it's nice to  see  someone
so masochistic as to take it on. But I wonder about putting it all in
one huge file.  This will lead to a lot of slow downloads for  people
just looking for a tune or three.

So when does the Svenska Laatar Project begin?  (How many volumes  of
that were there?)