    Laurie> As a matter of interest, which packages are happy with the
    Laurie> V: commands?

Both barfly and abc2ps use them, but with slightly different syntax.
The major difference is how you specify clefs, but I think there are
minor differences in other options, too.

abc2midi reads the abc2ps syntax ok, but you need to add %%MIDI
transpose options to get the parts to play in the correct octaves.

This was the origin of last summer's clef wars on this list.  I think
Phil made some minor modifications to what Barfly accepts based on
that discussion, but since nobody's maintaining abc2ps, nothing
happened there.

--
Laura (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] , http://www.laymusic.org )

(Note the email and homepage address changes; please update your
address book, bookmarks, and links.)