> De : John Walsh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> A : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Objet : [abcusers] Tuplets
> Date : samedi 28 octobre 2000 02:18
>
>       A triplet in abc2mtex is written (3abc; in abc2ps, it's
> ((3abc)---the slur has to be put in explicitly.  (Technically, I don't
> think it's a slur--it's just a grouping symbol to catch the eye, and it's
> often denoted with an angular slur, instead of the usual curvy one.
>
>       Question: do people ever write triplets without that slur mark?

I have seen triplets written with slurs but also without and sometimes with
something, as you said, like:
  _3_
 |   |

over the notes

As a fiddler, I would prefer to keep the syntax as it is in abc2ps, because
grouping symbols catch the eye, as you said, but they catch my right arm
(the bowing one) too.

For example, bowings like [K:D][M:4/4][L:1/8] (3ab(c|d) are not unfrequent
in Irish music.

[...]

Regards

Christophe