John Chambers says -

>Well, this [validation] would be  useful,  but  it  does  have  its  limits.

A few points here.

1)  If you introduce this innovation for José it should be included in the
standard and hence wouldn't be invalid so wouldn't fall foul of validation
routines.

2) Just because you can't make everything perfect that's no reason not to try
and make it better.

3) I don't want to force anybody to do anything they don't want to, I would
just like to see a culture where quality and conformity to a standard are
valued.

4)  José may not care but it's a pity that an interesting set of tunes are
inaccessible to the rest of the world.  Couldn't you persuade him to set up
an abc collection we can all see?

5) abc2nwc can handle missing T: commands.  Pleasant tune.

Bryan