> I was one of the people who was asked to join the committee, but I
> declined, suggesting they should concentrate on the major abc developers
> instead, and that's more or less how it happened.
> With hindsight I might agree it wasn't the perfect solution. Among other
> things it left Jack Campin and - as far as I know - Robert Bley-Vroman out.

I'm happy with the present setup; the people on the committee have always
listened to my suggestions, and small committees work better than big ones.

I spent a couple of years being something like a diplomatic envoy in
a multi-site, multinational software project once, and if I was going
to do it again I'd prefer to have free flights to interesting places
as part of the deal like I did back then.