D-Man wrote:
| On Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 10:08:03PM +0200, Anselm Lingnau wrote:
| | Have you tried the abc2ps package which is part of the Debian GNU/Linux
| | distribution, or have you compiled your own source code? I maintain the
| | Debian abc2ps package and would be interested in working with you to
| | get any bugs in that package ironed out.
|
| I used it.  Thanks for the great package!  The only problem I had was
| the output was only for A4 paper, but my printer has letter paper.

One thing I've found useful is to change the default page  dimensions
to the intersection of these two page standards.  Here's what's in my
abc2ps.h file:

/*
* basic page dimensions in cm. Two useful page sizes:
*   29.7x17.4 is ISO D8
*   28.0x18.7 is US letter
* Our default is the smaller of each dimension.
* All of these can be overruled with a .fmt file.
*/
#define PAGEHEIGHT      28.0
#define LEFTMARGIN       1.5
#define STAFFWIDTH      17.4

This isn't ideal for either page size, but has the benefit  that  the
music  probably won't get clipped or have holes punched through notes
on either margin.  And the page sizes are similar  enough  that  most
users won't notice a problem.