> The Apple writer did admit that there was still a roughly 2-second
> delay in switching between keyboard and mouse.  If the users of
> this sort of UI would just make the necessary hardware upgrades
> to take advantage of the design, this delay could be eliminated
> entirely, and users could make full use of its capabilities with
> no clumsy switching  delays.  But for some reason, users insist
> on sticking with their legacy 2-handed hardware.
> Sometimes users can be so bullheaded ...

People used to talk about the "man-machine interface".  Not a phrase
used much now for obvious reasons, but it always seemed to me that
it ought to mean never needing to use your thumb on the space bar.
Or perhaps, with a bit more training, a pointing device.  A vertical
trackpad on the edge of the desk ought to do it.