    Jack> | My original had:
    Jack> |
    Jack> | > Z:Jack Campin <www.purr.demon.co.uk/jack/>, Sep 2000

    John> It's indeed annoying when people strip out attribution.   One  reason
    John> this  might  be  done  is that a lot of people object to having their
    John> email address or URL included in others' files.  I've  gotten  a  few
    John> requests to remove email addresses and/or URLs from some of my online
    John> tunes, which I've generally  done,  though  I  don't  like  it.

I understand about the email, but why have a website if you don't want
people to be able to get to it?  I would never put someone's email on
my site without their permission, but I tend to assume that relevant
pointers to a site would be welcome without asking.  Certainly many
people point to my site without asking or telling me.

--
Laura (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] , http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097  fax: (801) 365-6574