From: John Chambers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2001 2:05 PM
Subject: [abcusers] (Forwarded) Converting MIDI to ABC

Here's a message that I got that  someone  else  on  the  list  could
probably  answer  better  than I can.  What's the best way to go from
MIDI to ABC these days?

(I'd be tempted to say that typing ABC from a score  is  easier  than
editing  the  output that I've seen from MIDI-to-ABC translators, but
maybe there's something better than what I've seen.  ;-)

| Hi John,
|
| Would you be kind enough please to pass this request to the ABC Users
| List.  I now only subscribe to the Digest.  It may also be of interest to
| you as a future source of ABC's.
|
| I have just notated the melodies for the 100 Australian folk songs first
| published by the Victorian Folk Music Club in 1969.  They will now
| publish these tunes (some of which are local variants to reasonably
| well known songs) in MIDI format for downloading.
|
| I would be happy to convert these to ABC format for use at their
| site as well, but being a lazy sod, I was hoping to do this via
| some form of batch conversion, which I could then massage as necessary via
|
| normal text editor.  I am moderately well acquainted with ABC and I am a
PC
| user.
|
| Any assistance or ideas would be appreciated.
|
| Regards,
| John Leahy
|
| [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To subscribe/unsubscribe, point your browser to:
http://www.tullochgorm.com/lists.html