Jack Campin wrote:

>The 1.6 standard is doing pretty well, in that virtually everything
>in it *is* implemented consistently; there are only three significant
>misimplementations I can think of - abc2win's idea of tempo, BarFly's
>idea of where a line breaks, and abc2ps's way of handling gracenotes -
>and only the last of those lets the user in for much typing to work
>round it.

You could add abc2win's use of the exclamation mark, and it's insistence
on having the notes in chords in a particular order.  Also, I don't think
any programs other than abc2mtex implements section headers (section
headers are really only possible to deal with in a program which reads
through an abc file linearly - programs which treat abc files in a random
access fashion as all of the GUI applications do find this very difficult).

But you are right, the 1.6 standard is mostly adhered to very closely.

Phil Taylor