Thanks to all who helped me, especially, Richard, Buddha Buck and
John.

With little modifications, it works well.
I'll try to learn in the future more of those basic commands by
myself.

Richard said :

>I have various stuff in perl to do these kinds of things -
abc-cat,
>abc-grep, abc-sort, etc etc, by rough analogy to what you'd
expect from
>/.../
>comprehensibly commented). Would there be much demand for
something like
>this, or has every other unix-er already got their own ?

I'd like to try your perl tools Richard. If you don't mind to send
them to me. Thanks in advance.
I'll try those made by John Chamber too. Perl seems to be a
fantastic script tool.

John said :

>This one "abuses" the P header line, by generating pages that
use  a
>single  initial  T line to give a title to the page, and then
changes
>the tune T lines into P lines.  Each tune then becomes a "part"
in  a
>medley.   This  sort of thing has led to a bit of debate in the
past.
>For some musical uses, it's a really  useful  way  to  interpret
the
>concept of a "part".

this one abuses also several abc tools or programs I use, when I
open such files in them :(

>This encourages you to put your tunes
>into  single-tune  files.

>Putting  a lot of tunes into a big file is convenient for
downloading
>all of them.  But if you actually want to use the tunes, a  big
file
>pretty  much  prevents  using all the usual directory tools.

That's right I don't do intense use of small files and large
amount of directories, but I fear that acting such would overflow
my hard disk. I've allready so many files on it. Isn't the
allocation table limited in some extends ?
And for working with abc (editing, creating or searching) I use a
really conveniant program, it's called EditPad (www.jgsoft.com),
probably the best ascii editor for window$. I wish there would be
such an editor for unix-based system. People will say : "there is
: try Emacs, try Jed, try Vim, try Sed etc." but none of them are
so small and easy to use, just  for editing many ascii files at
the same time and find, copy & paste informations in them.

For me, abc files with between 20 and 150 tunes in them are at a
"good" length (like for the Village Music Project). But the
largest I have is the one with the 1850 O'Neill in them :)