Jean-Charles writes:

>Can't abc2mtex split a tune when it's over one page ? I didn't manage to
>do it even with the piece of advice in header.tex - "uncomment the right
>line to have one behaviour..."

        There is a line in header.tex which says \let\tune=\vbox. The
effect of this is to put the entire tune inside a TeX \vbox.  Since
pagebreaks aren't allowed inside a \vbox, this prevents page breaking in
the middle of a tune.  To allow pagebreaks, just replace it with
\let\tune=empty.  (By the way, you can change this behavior between tunes
if you have a case where you have to allow page-breaking for one tune but
don't want it for others.  It takes a little experimentation to find where
in the abc to put the commands, tho, and I've forgotten the details.)

>I also get the error message "\outline?" when I put titles in the middle
>of a tune.

        It seemed to work if I put the T:Newtitle at the start of a line,
but not if I put it in the middle.  I didn't get that particular error
message, tho.

>Has anyone solved itself the problem "tuplets cannot follow gchord ?"

        A bug.  Try putting the guitar chord in front of the *second* or
third note of the triplet rather than in front of the whole triplet, i.e.
(3A"D"Bc instead of "D"(3ABc.  (For some reason, abc2mtex chokes if you
put it before the first note of the triplet.)

>I just tryed to print my 100-pages-traditionnal-tune-collection, and I
>realized that the layout size doesn't fit my 'a4' printer (or rather the
>paper I put in it).
>
>I've learned a little TeX (with difficulty) so I hope it's possible to
>reduce the global layout size (\smallmusicsize doesn't do anything good
>to solve my problem).
>I fear I'll have to look at some latex : every little thing related to
>'a4' was found in the latex documentation and FAQ -something like

        Look below "page set-up" in header.tex.  You can vary the height
and width of the printed page by changing the "\hsize=" and "\vsize="
commands.  You can also change the margins with \hoffset and \voffset.
Just experiment to find the right numbers for a4.  If you're printing a
number of tunes per page, there's one little trick to get them nicely
spaced out vertically: at the start of an empty line between tunes, type
"\vfil". (This supposes that page-breaking in tunes is suppressed.)

        That is,   X:1
                   bla bla

                   \vfil

                   X:2