    Atte> On 4 Jun 2002, Laura Conrad wrote:
    Atte> <snip>
    >> In ABC, I think I'm faster when I'm typing in the octave that
    >> doesn't use the capital letters, and I'm certainly faster when I don't
    >> have to enter the commas or the apostrophes.
    >>
    >> So is anyone working on an ABC application that allows this?

    Atte> Or better (IMHO): an interface that works the way lily
    Atte> works. That is the note is asumed to be the closed to the
    Atte> previous one.

I disagree -- that makes the notes too context dependant, so you can't
just cut and paste a snippet into an email.  (and it's harder to parse
ABC)

    Atte> So instead of:

    Atte> CDEF | GABc | c2G2 | c2C2 | c2c2 |

    Atte> you do:

    Atte> Cdef | gabc | c2g2 | c2c,2 | c'2c2 |

Now a data entry mechanism that took your second line and turned it
into the first might be worth looking into.  For instance, an emacs
environment.

--
Laura (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] , http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097  fax: (801) 365-6574