Starling wrote:
> Is A3/2 even a valid note length currently?  If we accepted the [...]n
> notation as specifying a multiplier we would also have to add
> complicated fractions to valid note lengths.

Of course it's valid! It's your typical dotted 8th note, though I mostly
write it as A3/, e.g.:
L:1/8
A3/B//c// d2

Fractions could get complicated anyway, depending on how you
set the L: field. Why not L:1/1 ? It's legal. Or why not L:11/17 ? It's
legal and the only thing you have to beware of is that you set the
length correctly for each note. Maybe we should have an
"obfuscated abc" competition...

Of course L:11/17 is ridiculous, but someone could for example
decide to use L:3/8 which could maybe make sense in some
tunes.

Henrik Norbeck, Stockholm, Sweden
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://home.swipnet.se/hnorbeck/         My home page