Hi Ed, its good to have a fellow jazzer on the board.  This was indeed my initial
interest in abc, as I wanted an easy way to generate lead sheets and big band
arrangements.  That's one of the reasons I started working on iabc.

There is a site that has oodles of jazz arrangements that can be received in multiple
formats, including abc.   You can link there from the abc sourceforge page:
http://abc.sourceforge.net

It looks like the site is down for a few days...its a Norweigian site, I think.