"Karl Dallas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So if I understand what you're saying about option 1: I display the abc
> code (of a file called tune.abc) as text but if the user clicks on it,
> instead of hearing proper abc, what they actually hear is tune.mid.
> Seems a bit like cheating, but I suppose it'd work (and MIDI's not all
> that bloated, compared with WAV or even MP3 or WMA).

What would hearing "proper" abc as opposed to a midi file sound like?
I'm not sure I understand this at all. It does, however, lead on to a
question I have.

Does anyone have any code to play polyphonic beeps through a PC
speaker running Windows? I have some code using inp and outp to tweak
port settings that will let me play a single beep of a given
frequency, I'd like to extend this to play chords. It doesn't need to
be pretty, this is meant for checking whether the input is correct
rather than any performance purpose.

I'd rather not write out a midi file - I'd like to keep this simple
if at all possible.

Bob