On Sat, 8 Mar 2003 08:15:20 -0800
Alice Corbin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 08, 2003 at 02:44:34PM +0100, Bert Van Vreckem wrote:
> > Kristian Nĝrgaard wrote:
> > > I'm new to abc and have just installed abc-mode for emacs under
> > > linux. How can I avoid that gv opens a new window each time I want
> > > to preview my abc-file? I just want the allready opened window to
> > > be updated.
> >
> > Use the 'Redisplay' button in gv instead of invoking the preview
> > function from within Emacs.
> >
> Or even easier, set the watch flag in gv (under the State button).
> Then gv will automatically refresh when the .ps file changes.

Very nice, only thing is that on my system (debian 3.0) it refreshes
every 30 seconds or so :-( "man gv" mentions that

"The document is by default checked once every second. This can be
changed via the watchFileFrequency resource."

So I put "GV.watchFileFrequency   1" in my ~/.gv, but nothing changed.
Would you happen to know how I change it to about 1sec? At this rate the
refresh feature is useless IMHO.

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte