On Sun, 15 Jun 2003 22:32:45 -0400, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
        [snip]
>(NOTE - using abcm2ps)
>
>Problem 1:
>As far as I can tell, you can only align chords with actual notes.
>This is a problem for me.  Suppose I have a measure that looks
>like this (M:C,  L:1/4)
>
>E/D/ C3
>
>and I want guitar chords to change on beats 1 and 3.  If I do this:
        [snip]
>this one?  How do I tell abcm2ps to put the guitar chord "C" beyond
>the start of the note "C3", or can I?

You may use a space:

        "Am"E/D/ C3 "C"y

or a second voice, either explicit:

        [V:1] E/D/ C3
        [V:2 merge] "Am"x2 "C"x2

or overlayed:

        E/D/ C3 & "Am"x2 "C"x2|

>Problem 2:
>I recall a recent thread on "cue notes" (those slightly smaller notes
>that tell you what some other instrument is playing while you're
>not).  This functionality would be highly useful, especially for a
>vocal "lead sheet".

You cannot do it yet. It is planned in the next development branch
(2004?).

>Problem 3:
>For the case where there's an 'extra' pickup note, say for a second
>verse, occasionally you'll see the notation where that 'extra' note is
>enclosed in parentheses on the staff.  Can we do that?
        [snip]

Yes, you may use annotations:

        "<("">)"A

or a user defined decoration (from deco.abc):

  %%postscript /opnot{
  %%postscript  M -6 -3 RM /Times-Roman 16 selectfont (\(   \)) show}!
  %%deco () 1 opnot 0 0 0

        !()!A

--
Ken ar c'hentañ |             ** Breizh ha Linux atav! **
                |               http://moinejf.free.fr/
Pépé Jef        |               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]